We’re joined by tabletop game designer Joshua A.C. Newman to talk about…grocery stores! We cover self-checkout machines, queuing theory, toilet paper preferences, and panic attacks in the spaghetti sauce aisle.
Intro Segment (9 minutes)
- Joshua A.C. Newman introductions
- Alanna read: Death Kit by Susan Sontag
- Hannah watched: 2016 Oscar-Nominated Animation shorts (World of Tomorrow, We Can’t Live Without Cosmos, Prologue)
- Joshua listened to: Lore Podcast
Main Topic & Links (9:10 to end)
- Netrunner (card game)
- The Golden Rule RadioLab episode (prisoner’s dilemma)
- D&D Polearms List (choice paralysis)
- Malcolm Gladwell TED talk on choice, happiness, and spaghetti sauce
- Also see: Queueing theory, Prisoner’s dilemma, Take 5 bars
Support Joshua’s xenoglyph creations on Patreon here!